NEW YORK, N.Y. – Jan. 8, 2013 –
An all-premiere line-up helped HGTV to the No.1 spot among all ad supported cable networks on New Year’s Day among upscale A25-54, W25-54 and W18-49 . In addition, HGTV secured its highest New Year’s Day primetime and Tuesday primetime in network history. The day’s programming included the annual live and commercial-free coverage of the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade, the HGTV Dream Home 2013 and two new series, Hawaii Life
and Island Hunters
. HGTV’s total day resulted in more than 18 million viewers tuning in on New Year’s Day, up +11% versus last year.
Ratings highlights include:
• HGTV’s Prime rating on New Year’s Day was the network’s highest ever New Year’s Day Prime rating ever among HHs, P25-54, M25-54, and M18-49. Tuesday night (8 p.m.-12 a.m.) delivered a 0.76 P25-54 rating, which is a 69% increase over Tuesdays in January 2012 and a 95% increase over the prior 13 week average.
• The new series premiere of Hawaii Life at 9 p.m. delivered a 0.77 P25-54 rating, which is 71% above the same time last year and 127% above the prior 13 week average. The second episode of the series at 9:30 p.m. had the highest P25-54 rating of the night (0.87 P25-54 rating) on HGTV. This double stack of Hawaii Life gave the Tuesday 9-10 p.m. time period its highest rating since last summer (7/24/2012).
• New series Island Hunters premiered at 3 p.m. to a 0.66 P25-54 rating, and the 3:30 p.m. episode posted a 0.72 P25-54 rating. Both episodes showed triple-digit gains from the same time period last year and the prior 13 weeks.
• The 2013 Rose Parade averaged a 0.89 P25-54 rating and ranked as the No. 4 ad-supported cable program among P25-54 during that time.
• The premiere of HGTV Dream Home 2013 at 7 p.m. averaged a 0.68 P25-54 rating, showing triple-digit gains above the same time period last year and above the prior 13 weeks. Additionally, the special grew 10% over HGTV Dream Home 2012.
America’s leading home and lifestyle brand, HGTV features a top-rated cable network that is distributed to more than 98 million U.S. households and the HGTV website, HGTV.com, the nation’s leading online home-and-garden destination that attracts an average of four million unique visitors per month. The brand also includes the HGTV® HOME consumer products line which showcases exclusive collections of paint, flooring, soft goods and other home-oriented products, as well as HGTV Magazine, a new home and lifestyle publication published in partnership with Hearst Magazines. Viewers can become fans of HGTV and interact with other home improvement enthusiasts through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
# # #